Working with musicians who are learning is one of my favorite things. Whether you’re a beginner, accomplished professional, or anywhere in between, our relationship is built on respect, curiosity, and joy. I love coaching ensembles to hear each other better and discover new possibilities. I relish group workshops and the synergy they develop. And I delight in tailoring individual lessons to your interests and goals, giving you new compass points for the journey.
Lessons / Coaching
Contact me about lessons or coaching, either on Zoom or in person. One-time, short-term, or an extended commitment.
- Harmony and accompaniment
- Practice strategies
- Skills for learning by ear
Explore traditions and styles:
- …and more
- Swedish music for fiddles, or for any instrument
- dance band (contra, English, Scandinavian)
- I Love to Practice
- skills for fiddle teachers
- traditions from Dalarna
- comparative traditions: Irish, Old-time, Québecois, Swedish
Students will gain:
- comfort, confidence, and skill with the instrument
- an attitude of curiosity and open-minded problem-solving
- an understanding of tradition and history
- a free, playful, intelligent approach to improvising and creating
- playing that expresses depth of feeling and an appreciation of each tune’s unique character
Producing is a natural extension of my passion for coaching and a way to employ the ear, creativity, and knowledge I’ve gained over the years. I’ve worked as producer for contra-dance band STEAM’s latest album, Hoodakai, as well as providing input on a number of Swedish and Celtic projects. Offering supportive understanding and timely challenges, as a one-time voice or full-time producer, I help you reach new ground.